Monday, 24 February 2014

Hi to anyone out there who may still be popping by my blog.

Firstly I must apologise for the great time that has elapsed since my last blog post  I can only say that the last eighteen months have been one event after another which quite overtook my life and so my crafting had to take a back seat.  It began with unexpected redundany which althoug very traumatic at the time actually proved to be a blessing in disguise because it took me from a situation I was very unhappy in but did not have the courage and strength to walk away from.  In the middle were some very painful losses of family members but one miracle which has transformed the life of my immediate family - the arrival of a truly beautiful granddaughter - a miracle because her mum, my daughter, was in the process of IVF tests having been told she would be unable to conceive.  The pregnancy itself was far from run of the mill, with many trips to hospital with one scare after another but the stubborn little child hung in there and  then gave us or final hiccup by arriving early.  Unfortunately we very nearly lost my daughter after the birth but thankfully she pulled through and was able to come home with baby Onyx Rose shortly after the birth.  However, my employer at that time was less than supportive of me having to take emergency leave and so one year after being made rdundant I found myself seeking other employment again.  But that too was another ccloud with a silver lining and I have found emplyment working with adults with autism and other learning difficulties and its going well.  Well it was until 20th December last year when while escourting one of the adults home for christmas I fell and broke my left arm in three places, only five days after I had finished my intensive training course.  But unlike my previous employers they have been nothing but supportive and last week I began a slow return to work.  My arm is healing well, not yet in full working order, still  extremely painful and I have been warmed that as the breaks were quite bad I may be left with some reduced movement but I can use my arm again.

And so I decided that as I am healing it was time to begin crafting again in ernest.  I have done some projects over the last year - well family would be so disappointed if I sent them shop bought cards and I have begun to dabble in altered art.  I took the plunge last week and made my first card since breaking my arm using the free die with Issue Two of the Tattered Lace magazine.  On a whim I took a piccy, sent it in to Create and Craft and not only did they read out my email and show my card but I also was picked from the cup to receive a card and it duly arrived, not one made by Stephanie but one made by Nigel as he crafted along with her.

So while I may not get to post every day I am determined that this year I will post at least weekly and if I can discover how you do that advanced post thingy that Sue Wilson does you never know, I may even get around to doing scheduled posts but that is one Im keeping in reserve for now.

So I will sign off for now with a piccy of the most beautiful little girl who has quite stolen my heart and brought such joy to my family.  Oh and yes she is going to br a crafter, as she is now five months old and sitting up she joins her gramsy in the craft room sitting in her high chair and already has made her first card - helped by mummy and gramsy she inked her hand and put it on a card for her auntie's birthday and even signed it herself inside - well it may have looked like spider crawls but her auntie adored it and I know whe will never part with it.


So here she is, my beautiful Granddaugher - the letters spelling her name are from the MDF man, decorated by painting with Twinkling H2O's, then overstamped with Joanna Sheen's Patchwork stamps and varnished with Crafters Companion Spray and Shine which worked perfectly.  The pose was supplied by my granddaugher herself - even at four weeks old her cheeky pesonality shone through.

The photograph was taken by my very talented cousin Lindsey Reddall at her studio in Newcastle - Pictures Forever whi h she co- owns with a friend.  Their work is absolutely fantastic - yes I could be classed as baised as she is family but you can see for yourself on their facebook page - there are a couple more piccys of Onyx on there along with more examples of their artistry.  It really is worth checking out and if you need a good photographer I cannot recommend the studio highly enough and they are extremely reasonable price wise so even if you have to taake a trip to Newcastle it works out much less expensive than many other professionals as we discovered whrn we took Onyx Rose to a local session by Pixi Foto's.


Finally this is me with Onyx Rose, I just adore this picture, Lindsay even managed to make me look human lol.

Bye for now and thanks for reading.

Jacqui xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment