Monday, 22 October 2012









Good evening bloggers.  Today I thought I would show you a card made for a friend's birthday.  I took my inspiration for the colour scheme from the ribbon which was a bargain at just 40p for a metre in a bargain tub at my local Boyes store.  I just love the way it graduates from pink to white and was just waiting for the right card to use it on.  And I think it looks perfect on this one.

The base card is from Cupcakecrafting - one of their 7" x 10" elegant cards which I love.  I began by adding a rectangle of white card decorated  with pink swirls and flowers.  I then dusted around the edge of the card with Worn Lipstick distress ink - dusting from the card bas onto the decorated mat.  Next I took my Floral Ovals die and cut two of the largest size - one in white centura pearl and one in fuscia pink glitter encapsulated card.  I cut the pink oval into four equal sections and fixed it behind the white oval to create a frame.  To hide the gap at both sides and top and bottom I cut 4 corners from Parisian accents in the same pink card and added them as though they were holding hands a la Sue.  I then took an Inkylicious sentiment and stamped this in Black Versafine and cut using the Romantic Rectangles, dusting with Worn Lipstick distress ink.  I then stamped the dress stamp, one of Dawn Bibby's, in Memento Rose Bud and cut this out, leaving a white border around the stamp.  I affixed the stamped image to the oval frame and fixed to the card with foam pads to create dimension.  I also used foam pads to add the sentiment to the top right of the card.  Using the ribbon I tied a double bow and added this to the bottom left corner of the card with silicone glue, fixing three hat pins behind, two in pink and one in white and then finished the bow with a fabric covered button.

I must admit to being reluctant to part with the card when it was finished, but it did make its way to the intended recipient.

I hope you like it, please feel free to leave a comment.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and look - it really is much appreciated.

Jacqui xx  

2 comments:

  1. Jacqui, thanks for sharing this and the fabulous explanation as to how you created the pink die at the back! I must give that a go. What a gorgeous card.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacqui, I've loved looking at your blog, this card is really beautiful, that shaded ribbon is the finishing touch x

    ReplyDelete