Saturday, 27 October 2012






\Good afternoon bloggers.  Another one of my requested cards above, I do enjoy doing these although sometimes the odd requests can get a little stressful.  This card was made for a junior doctor who was moving to pastures new and as he had been such fun to work with we couldnt let him go without a special card.  As I had worked with him regularly we had shared the odd non work related conversation and his love of Rowan Atkinson, especially as Johnny English, had often featured as had his request every morning when asked if he would like a drink hence the sentiment.

I used one of the cupcake crafting large elegant card blanks and then embossed a piece of yellow card using my grand calibur and the Mystic MBossability folder, extending it beyond normal size.
I printed the sentiment Make Mine a Martini Shaken not Stirred (the doctor's request each morning when asked if he wanted a drink) and cut this using one of the Lifestyle Crafts Lacy Square dies, rotating it to a diamond shape, inking while still in the die.  (If you havent come across these dies check out Maddy Lisa Crafts - she has a fantastic selection, great service and the dies themselves are, in my opinion, great value for money).  Next was a picture of Johnny English, printed onto matt photo paper.  I then layered everything onto the card and inked around the edge with a pale yellow ink to take away the harshness of the white card.

But it still wasnt complete and I decided what it needed was a martini glass to finish it off.  So a quick look around the craft room and I saw the perfect glass - with a little alteration.  I took a small funnel and cut part of it away so I could stick it to the front of the card.  I used the piece I had cut away to make a base for the glass.  I stuck the pieces together using collal silicone glue and left to dry.  Once dry I then got out my stickles and used a green around the base and stem and then piped a line around the rim of the glass and let that dry.  And once that was dry I decided to use the lace stickles inside the bowl of the glass to look like there was a drink in it.  After letting this dry I attached the glass to the front of the card, again using silicone glue and left to dry once more.

And another card finished.  The recipient loved the card and the bottle of martini we had got him to go with it, well at least when he got home that night he could have his martini any way he wanted it lol.

|I hope you enjoyed seeing the card, please feel free to leave a comment, I truly do appreciate the feedback of fellow crafters.

Jacqui xxx  

  

4 comments:

  1. Great card, Jacqui. I love how you've done tha glass. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card - the glass idea was inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Jacqui. I love the Lifestyle dies, I think they are my most used dies. The glass is genius.
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very suave, Jacqui., and the Martini idea is fantastic - he must be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete