Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Wedding Invitation

One of my work colleagues asked me if I could make the invitations for her stepson's wedding in November of this year.  My brief was fuscia pink, black and butterflies. The bride wanted square invites and, if possible, for the butterfly to  pop out of the middle of the card please.  She wanted the butterly in the black but other than that it was up to me how I made the invites!


So my first task was to source the cardstock.  A quick visit to Foilplay and there was just the card in the perfect colours, double sided pearlescent card in noir and azalea/hot pink.  And of course as usual the delivery was super quick.  I cut the cardstock down to make it just slightly smaller than 6 inch square and scored for a gatefold card.  The corners were cut with a WRMK corner chomper using the scallop and then I decided to take a look through my sizzix texturz plates and found one which would emboss the card blank with butterflies.  To get a butterly to pop from the card I cut and embossed the large butterfly from the Spellbinders Fanciful Flight set and using 3mm extra strength double sided tape fixed the butterfly in the centre of the back panel of the card blank.  The wedding details were printed onto pink paper and then cut to fit the two gatefold sections, the invite on the left hand side and the RSVP on the right.  The right fold of the card was perforated so that the recipient could tear it off and return it to the bride and groom to be to let them know if they were attending.  The final touch was to add the words Wedding Invitation and Evening Invitation to the front of each gatefold using black peel offs to match with the butterfly.  I then looked at all the pink strips of card cut from the A4 sheet and decided to make place names for the tables.  I cut the card into squares, embossed with the same sizzix butterfly texturz plate and used the corner chomper to give them scalloped corners.  And then it was one wedding and one evening invite completed and sent to the bride for her approval.  My colleague was delighted with the invites, as was the bride so that just left another 45 to complete and 90 place name cards.  Thankfully with the help of a crafting friend I managed to get all the large butterflies cut and embossed before my grand calibur died so the invites are finished.  But now I am thinking as nice as the name place cards are, the little butterfly from the fanciful flight set would just finish them off.  But that will have to wait until my new grand calibur arrives lol.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your great work and… this Blog is a really pleasant surprise! Keep up the good work!

    Wedding Invitations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butterflies are always a winner, well done.

    ReplyDelete