Monday, 9 April 2012

Rain stops renovations again

Well the rain has been hammering down for a few hours now so that is the kitchen renovations halted again.  At least the old paint is now off all the walls and a few more floor tiles have been laid so if the weather improves we can rip out the old sink and put in the new.  Then all that will be needed is a few  wall tiles, some paint and it will be completed - simples lol.

So I thought I would upload a few more of my creations before I begin cooking the evening meal - lasagne and if we are feeling naughty chips - if not a nice healthy salad.



The card above was made for my friend's son for his birthday.  He is very sporty, playing both cricket and rugby for our local under 13's teams and next week he has a trial for Yorkshire so fingers crossed for him.  I used a fancy 8 x 8 card and inked the edges with Memento Desert Sand and then stamped the cricket and rugby images in the same ink.  I stamped a sentiment onto a die cut in the same memento colour.  The cricketer is a Jolly Nation Image - I had a sheet of shrink plastic with this image on so I scanned the image and increased the size until it was large enough for the card blank and then printed onto stamping card.  I then coloured the image using Promarkers and cut out and attached to the card using gel glue.  I think it is quite effective and the recipient loved it.



Next off the drawing board was a card for his sister for her 16th.  My brief was all things shopping so off I went.  I have some extra large card blanks so started with that.  I then chose a sheet of A3 card in peach to make the shop fronts and awning.  I used the BCE shop window template and cut out two windows and backed them with acetate.  Using peel off dresses, shoes and handbags I decorated inside where the shop windows were to be placed then fixed the shop windows at either end of the card, bowing them to give an arched effect.  I cut a door in matching card and fixed this under the edge of one window so it could open.  I used a brass brad as a door knob and used two smaller brads to attach metal numbers to the door and then stuck the word shopaholic across the middle of the door as the shop name.  Usin the same peach card I cut a rectangular strip to make the awning and punched the edge with a Martha Stewart edge punch, the added happy birthday in glittered american thickers.  The awning was attached to the top edge of the card using extra strength double sided tape and I fixed a small strip of card at end end of the awning and attached that to the card blank.  This strip was creased in the centre so that the awning could be flattened for transportation and then popped up when the card was displayed.  The final touch was hidden behing door number 16, so that when the door was opened you saw a shopper (one of the flippin women range) leaving the shop, bags full to overflowing.


And finally for today is Lola's Peppa Pig birthday card.  Lola's nana works at my hospital and she wanted a Peppa Pig card for her granddaughter's birthday but hadnt been able to find one that was large and that she liked.  So she came to see if I could help.  Again I used one of my extra large card blanks and began by dusting a hilly scene onto the card.  Next it was find a Peppa Pig colouring book as, with no small children in my immediate family, I had no idea who or what Peppa Pig was lol.  I found a picture with Peppa and family and their house so I scanned and copied them onto stamping card and coloured them with Promarkers.  I placed the house on the top of the hill just underneath the sun and then sprinkled flowersoft onto some dries clear glue at the bottom right and added a few paper flowers.  I cut the basket for the balloon from card and decorated with adhesive ribbon and added it to the card, bowing it slightly to give the impression of a round basket.  The balloon itself was cut from glitter foam bought at a poundshop and stuck together to form the round shape and a large number 3 fixed in the centre.  Two strands of blue cord were fixed under the balloon and to the side of the basket.  I used a speech bubble die cut to write the words Happy Birthday Lola Bo (Nanna's name for her) and then cut out all my coloured figures.  And at this point I though, what a shame that this card will just sit there, wouldnt it be fun if it was like the fizzy felt I used to have as a child.  And inspiration struck.  I attached a small velcro circle to be back of each character and then put the hook sections onto the card so that the characters could be moved from inside the basket to the ground and swopped around.  Nanna loved it, especially as it was the biggest card Lola got and Lola loved playing with it.

Thats all for today.  Hope you liked the cards - I just love to do something a bit different, because if its just a happy birthday and picture you can get those from any card shop.

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and take a look at my work.  Please fel free to leave a comment, I do read every one and they mean a lot, especially from fellow crafters who have taken time out of their busy crafting lives to take a look at my humble creations.

Jacqui xxx

5 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Jacqui so unique and very clever x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely Jacqui, I love the pigs and the glittery balloon. Great idea with the velcro!
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever cards, Jacqui, love your outside the box thinking, always in evidence in your card making!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards... I love your style Jacqui.
    Hugs
    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, you've really put in a lot of work to make the 3 cards so personalised and individual. The shopping one is amazing! Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete