Friday, 16 March 2012

Not quite all white

 After watching Sue Wilson demonstrating the new spellbinder dies and seeing a card she made which was all white I decided to make my own version.  But being me I had to add just a touch of colour which I think does lift the card a little.  Below I will try to explain how the card was put together.

The base of the card is snow white centura pearl, cut to 8" x 8".  I then used the Elite M Bossability folder to make a central embossed panel.  On each edge I added a spellbinders lattice border  with gel glue and in the top centre layered two of the large lattice shapes that come with the spellbinders lattice motifs and and  accents to make a larger lattice shape which I then glued to the top centre.  I then printed the sentiment and cut and embossed using the largest of the spellbinders beaded ovals and while still in the die I coloured the beaded sections of the oval with fuscia brilliance ink and fixed in the centre of the lattice shapes.
 I cut one large and two smaller leaves from the spellbinders foliage set and a small butterfly from  spellbinders fanciful flight and fixed these to the bottom of the card.  Where the stems of the leaves lay I glued a hand made ribbon rose with a diamante centre.
 The second card was made in a similar way but this time the border is from the spellbinders moroccan accents set.  I added a sentiment from the recent POTW, Wishing On A Star, to the beaded oval centre and dusted with lemon ink.  I used the same combination of leaves and butterfly at the base of the card but added three hand made hatpins to the rose for the finishing touch.
I do hope you like the cards, the birthday card was made for my son in law's nanna for her 74th birthday, the first card for mother's day for a colleague's mum.

2 comments:

  1. Jacqui, these are gorgeous! I think you have emulated Sue Wilson to a tee and I am sure she would be proud of what you have made here. Your subtle hint of colour on the cards adds to their elegance.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowser! Morgana, this is gorgeous and you have added your own personaility to the technique - really lovely!

    ReplyDelete