Saturday, 17 March 2012

My followers have returned lol and a little bit of movie madness

It looks like normal service has resumed and my followers are back.  I dont have many but I truly appreciate each and every one of you and your comments so its good to have you back.

I am going to try and post more  and so here is my second card post of the week.  I was asked by a student nurse if I would make a card for her boyfriend.  I asked his interests and she told me he is currently at university completing a media studies course.  So taking that as my inspiration, this is what I came up with.

I used an A4 card blank and matted a hollywood backing paper from Debbi Moore's art deco range which was included in one of her magazines and then matted a piece of white cardstock over and attached the sentiment strip near the bottom of the card.  The movie camera, megaphone and film reel images were from the same magazine, as were the sentiment toppers and strips..  I got Amy, the student nurse, to print me off some passport size pictures of James and herself and I copied a film negative strip a couple of times, then cut out the centre of each negative.and placed a photograph behind each to look like a strip of film.  To add to the effect I then covered the film strip in some very thin acetate to give it a glossy negative appearance.  I took the film reel image and stuck it to an empty 3mm tape reel so it gave some dimension and positioned the two strips of photographs as though they were coming from the reel.  I attached the two sentiments in the corners and then decided to make a clapper board.  I cut the clapperboard from plain grungeboard, coloured with my black promarker and used a white inkessentials pen to add the diagonal stripes.  To give it the movemebt at the top I attached the two pieces together with a tiny brad.

And voila, one movie themed card that Amy loved. 

I did ask her permission to put the card on my blog as it contains images of James and herself but they were both happy to let me do this, and be named lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment