Saturday, 17 March 2012

My followers have returned lol and a little bit of movie madness

It looks like normal service has resumed and my followers are back.  I dont have many but I truly appreciate each and every one of you and your comments so its good to have you back.

I am going to try and post more  and so here is my second card post of the week.  I was asked by a student nurse if I would make a card for her boyfriend.  I asked his interests and she told me he is currently at university completing a media studies course.  So taking that as my inspiration, this is what I came up with.

I used an A4 card blank and matted a hollywood backing paper from Debbi Moore's art deco range which was included in one of her magazines and then matted a piece of white cardstock over and attached the sentiment strip near the bottom of the card.  The movie camera, megaphone and film reel images were from the same magazine, as were the sentiment toppers and strips..  I got Amy, the student nurse, to print me off some passport size pictures of James and herself and I copied a film negative strip a couple of times, then cut out the centre of each negative.and placed a photograph behind each to look like a strip of film.  To add to the effect I then covered the film strip in some very thin acetate to give it a glossy negative appearance.  I took the film reel image and stuck it to an empty 3mm tape reel so it gave some dimension and positioned the two strips of photographs as though they were coming from the reel.  I attached the two sentiments in the corners and then decided to make a clapper board.  I cut the clapperboard from plain grungeboard, coloured with my black promarker and used a white inkessentials pen to add the diagonal stripes.  To give it the movemebt at the top I attached the two pieces together with a tiny brad.

And voila, one movie themed card that Amy loved. 

I did ask her permission to put the card on my blog as it contains images of James and herself but they were both happy to let me do this, and be named lol.

I've lost my followers - arent I careless lol

I am sorry but since google decided to move everyone to country specific blog's it appears that my followers list, like quite a few other blog users, has disappeared.  My wonderful son in law has tried to sort it for me cos I just thought it was me being thick lol but he says it is the followers gadget that is faulty.  My blog URL is still showing on my settings as .com but the blog is now .co.uk and I cant amend that.

So apologies to those of you who would like to follow my blog.  I hope this problem will be sorted soon and when it is I will be in touch again.

Friday, 16 March 2012

Not quite all white

 After watching Sue Wilson demonstrating the new spellbinder dies and seeing a card she made which was all white I decided to make my own version.  But being me I had to add just a touch of colour which I think does lift the card a little.  Below I will try to explain how the card was put together.

The base of the card is snow white centura pearl, cut to 8" x 8".  I then used the Elite M Bossability folder to make a central embossed panel.  On each edge I added a spellbinders lattice border  with gel glue and in the top centre layered two of the large lattice shapes that come with the spellbinders lattice motifs and and  accents to make a larger lattice shape which I then glued to the top centre.  I then printed the sentiment and cut and embossed using the largest of the spellbinders beaded ovals and while still in the die I coloured the beaded sections of the oval with fuscia brilliance ink and fixed in the centre of the lattice shapes.
 I cut one large and two smaller leaves from the spellbinders foliage set and a small butterfly from  spellbinders fanciful flight and fixed these to the bottom of the card.  Where the stems of the leaves lay I glued a hand made ribbon rose with a diamante centre.
 The second card was made in a similar way but this time the border is from the spellbinders moroccan accents set.  I added a sentiment from the recent POTW, Wishing On A Star, to the beaded oval centre and dusted with lemon ink.  I used the same combination of leaves and butterfly at the base of the card but added three hand made hatpins to the rose for the finishing touch.
I do hope you like the cards, the birthday card was made for my son in law's nanna for her 74th birthday, the first card for mother's day for a colleague's mum.