Saturday, 11 February 2012

Arent I a bad blogger

I cannot believe it was the end of September when I last blogged - time really does go so fast.  My only excuse is that I have been mega busy with work, uni, the family and the occassional spell of crafting.  And with that in mind I thought I would add a couple of pics of some actual crafting I have done.

First off the block some of my Paint Fusion creations, I have actually managed to keep some of them for myself .  The first one is my Paint Fusion box - I originally got this box from QVC full of wood mounted stamps and quickly removed the stamps from the blocks.  The box was used for all sorts until I got my Paint Fusion goodies and it was perfect for storing those so of course it had to be painted.  I gave the box lid a crackle finish and then decorated with poppies, a butterfly and a few bees and finished with a coat of spray and shine to protect it.  And Im rather proud of it as this was my first attempt at the Poppies.

I also decided to try my hand at Sweat Peas and decorated a hanging sign for my craft room door - not that it will stop me from being disturbed lol.  Again I used a crackle background and then painted sweat peas in vivid pink and added Craft Room in copper peel offs for the finishing touch.




On the card making front it has been babies all the way for friends recently and all of them boys.  Above are a few of the new baby cards - still have three to do as the next friends new arrival is due today so as soon as baby is here safe and well and we know who it is I can get on with the next lot of baby cards.


And finally a couple of retirement cards that I was asked to make for two very special ladies who were lucky enough to get early retirement from the hospital where I work - not that Im at all envious of them.  But they were really loved work colleagues and so of course everyone thought someone else had asked me to make the cards.  Good job im psychic and just got on with them without asking lol.  I have a love affair with the acetate butterlies at the moment, just love glittering them and watching them come to life.

Well thats it for now - will be back later as Im in the middle of a fairy marathon so will post a few pics when they are finished.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - you've been busy!! The paint fusion stuff is beautiful - glad you did some for yourself. I've given all my creations away! The other cards are gorgeous too!! Welcome back to blogland! Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poppies and sweet peas are lovely, must practice my paint fusion more! I love your retirement cards, they are gorgeous, the butterflies are beautiful!
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete